My ride today ended as my season on the bike has done – disappointingly.
I misjudged the severity of a bill on my route which took me longer than I thought meaning I was running late and had to cut the ride short then I got a flat 2 miles from home. Due to an appointment in the afternoon I had to phone the Mrs up to get collected rather than fixing the flat which didn’t go down too well.
This time last year I had made some ambitious targets for 2016 and I have failed to meet any of them:
- Complete half of the Strava Gran Fondos – FAIL
- Cycle 500 miles in a month – FAIL
- Lose a further stone and a half – FAIL
- Cycle 3,000 miles in 2016 – FAIL
- Cycle EVERY week, without fail – FAIL
Now I’m not going to make excuses – the fact is I have been lazy. But for an average cyclist I suppose the list was quite ambitious. So this year my targets will be a little more realistic:
- Complete 3 Strava Gran Fondos
- Cycle 400 miles in a month
- Lose a stone
- Cycle 2,500 miles in 2017
Here is to 2017! Hope you have a tailwind for the majority of it!